Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations agreed 17 global goals for sustainable development – supplemented by 169 targets – to address the major challenges of sustainable development at a global level. Although the sustainable development goals (SDGs) are primarily aimed at states and governments, they cannot be achieved without the proactive involvement of business and society.
We strive to make a positive contribution to the achievement of these goals through our commitment to sustainability. The targets we have set for ourselves in DEUTZ’s Sustainability Vision for 2023 are primarily aimed at achieving the following SDGs:
- Goal 5 | Gender Equality – We are supporting gender equality through our targets for increasing the proportion of women in senior management and in the workforce as a whole, and by ensuring that women are treated equally in their day-to-day work.
- Goal 8 | Decent Work and Economic Growth – We help to secure decent working conditions by respecting all human rights within our Company and by progressively implementing and monitoring the safeguarding of human rights at our suppliers.
- Goal 9 | Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – We are driving technological progress – particularly in the area of off-road and marine mobility – with pioneering spirit and innovative strength by embracing new technologies. This includes the continuous development of innovative engines with alternative drive systems and reducing the fuel consumption of our traditional internal combustion engines.
- Goal 12 | Responsible Consumption and Production – We are extending the lifecycle of our products and making a contribution to sustainable consumption by offering reconditioned engines and spare parts through our ‘Xchange’ program. At the same time, we are making our production more sustainable through measures to increase the efficient use of resources and reduce the quantity of waste produced.
- Goal 13 | Climate Action – Through our innovative portfolio of drive systems and the implementation of our E-DEUTZ strategy, we are playing an active part in shaping the off-road mobility of the future that is carbon-neutral at local level, and contributing to a successful decarbonization of the economy. We are making a further contribution to combating global climate change through investment in generating our own electricity and continuously increasing our resource efficiency.