ISIN: DE 000 630500 6
WKN: 630 500
ISIN: DE 000 A0STYR4
Invitation to the Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that our company's
Annual General Meeting
will be held
at 10am on Wednesday, 21 May 2008
in the Congress-Centrum Ost at Koelnmesse exhibition centre (main entrance on the eastern side),
Deutz-Mülheimer Strasse, Cologne-Deutz, Germany.
1. Presentation of the adopted annual financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2007 and the management report for DEUTZ AG, the approved consolidated financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2007 and the group management report, the report of the Supervisory Board for the 2007 financial year, and the explanatory report of the Management Board concerning the disclosures pursuant to sections 289 (4) and 315 (4) HGB
2. Proposed appropriation of the accumulated income reported for 2007
3. Formal approval of the actions of the Management Board for 2007
4. Formal approval of the actions of the Supervisory Board for 2007
5. Appointment of the auditors for 2008
6. Authorisation to purchase and use treasury shares pursuant to section 71 (1) no. 8 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG)
7. Elections to the Supervisory Board
8. Adoption of a resolution on an amendment to the Company's Statutes
Attendance at the Annual General Meeting
The Company's share capital of €308,977,551.73 was divided into 120,861,513 no-par-value bearer shares at the time this Annual General Meeting was convened. Each share confers one vote.
To attend the Annual General Meeting and exercise their voting rights, shareholders must register for the Annual General Meeting and submit to the Company at the address below specific proof of their shareholdings provided by their depository bank in writing or by electronic mail (section 126b German Civil Code (BGB)) in German or English:
c/o Deutsche Bank AG
60272 Frankfurt am Main,
Fax: +49 (0)69 12012 86 045
Proof of shareholdings must document the status as at 0:00 hours on 30 April 2008 and must reach the Company at the aforementioned address by midnight on 14 May 2008. Admission cards will be sent to shareholders once the Company has seen proof of their shareholdings.
Shareholders who do not wish to attend the Annual General Meeting in person may elect to have their voting rights exercised by a proxy; banks or shareholder associations may also act as proxies.
A special service that DEUTZ AG offers to shareholders who do not plan to attend the Annual General Meeting in person enables them prior to the Annual General Meeting to issue powers of attorney and instructions on how to exercise their voting rights to a proxy appointed by the Company to carry out their instructions. Shareholders who wish to avail themselves of this service require an admission card to the Annual General Meeting, which also serves as the form for issuing powers of attorney and voting instructions. The completed and signed form for issuing powers of attorney and voting instructions must be posted to DEUTZ AG, Aktienbüro, Ottostrasse 1, 51149 Cologne (Porz-Eil), Germany, to reach the Company by midnight on 19 May 2008. Shareholders will be provided with further information on proxies when they receive their admission cards.
Any counter-motions to the agenda as defined by section 126 (1) and section 127 of the German Stock Corporation Act must be submitted solely to the following address: DEUTZ AG (Aktienbüro), tel.: +49 (0)221 822 5106, fax: +49 (0)221 822 4351, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ottostrasse 1, 51149 Cologne (Porz-Eil), Germany.
The documents relating to items one and two on the agenda are available for inspection at the offices of the Company at Ottostrasse 1, 51149 Cologne (Porz-Eil), Germany.
Cologne, April 2008
The Management Board